Is diversity and inclusion more than just a buzzword at Mars? Do you have any concrete examples of this?
Best discussions & stories
Picture of Mary
3 responses
Anonymous asked a question to Mars
Category: Eligibility
Date asked: Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Last update: Thursday, July 21, 2022
Adam D.
Hello, we have several active associate groups that cover a spectrum of traditionally underrepresented groups in the workplace that Mars invest in. I am personally part of the LGBTQ+ group. Mental Health, Flexible Working, Disability to name just a few others.
Monday, May 13, 2019
Picture of Lucy P.
Lucy P.
Senior Market Activity Officer
Hello, I spotted this question & thought I could add my own experience here! Diversity & Inclusion are certainly not buzzwords at Mars, these groups (as Adam highlighted in his answer) are given an annual budget & senior leader sponsorship to help spread the amazing work they do throughout the business. I am part of the Cultural Celebration group and most recently organised an 'Equality in the UK' webinar with a guest speaker from 'Kick It Out!' charity (you can find more details on our Mars LinkedIn page) - this was part of an entire Black History Month program, including other webinars & quizzes! I am also part of a Women in Supply group where we discuss allyship, hear from senior leaders & their experiences and have a safe space to speak about our challenges & opportunities. Every associate in Mars is encouraged to get involved, from e-learnings to organising a UK event!
Friday, December 11, 2020
Picture of Mary T.
Mary T.
Senior Research Scientist
As Adam and Lucy mentioned - we have associate led groups doing work in different areas of Inclusion & Diversity, but the leaders of these also get together and see where we can best partner on our work and learn how to best effect and implement change. While also involved in the LGBTQ+, my main role in Inclusion & Diversity is co-lead of the Diversability (Disability) group. Last year we met with associates to better understand their daily roles and where changes could be made to make our sites more disability confident. I'm proud to say that recommendations are already being implemented! We've also partnered with external companies to provide resources for associates and their line managers to approach conversations and adjustments more confidently, not just at recruitment but throughout time in role.
Thursday, July 21, 2022
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.